Thursday, May 28, 2020

Suicide


I want to scream at the cruelty of mental illness! I want to tear at something, kick and howl. I, or should I say we, have lost a very talented and amazing person to suicide. He struggled intensely the past three years to try to find emotional even ground—he went through drug testing and all the current medical/psychiatric treatments. He went to treatment…and yet, treatment-resistant depression and anxiety cursed him. Words are hard to find to express the loss of such a vibrant and essential person, who courageously shared his struggles and journey with his coworkers, family, and friends. It has been hard watching someone’s spirit die, while their body keeps going, to see the hope and joy fade from their eyes, and to see them struggle each day just to be present for family and friends. I want to howl. My heart is broken and the loss is immense. My friend is free of his tortured mind, he had no other choice, but... Aa-rr-oo-oo…

No comments:

Post a Comment